The Lady Owls was formed as an auxiliary to the Order of Owls, a nationwide fraternal group that originated in South Bend in 1904 by local attorney John Talbot and a group of his associates. Shortly after the South Bend group was founded, other chapters or “nests,” as they were called, were established across the country. This photo, circa 1910, is of the Lady Owls, who had gathered for a picnic. Donated by Randy L. Root.
Send this to a friend